Gulson Gardens student accommodation
Get in touch
Sought-after student accommodation in Coventry
Robertson has constructed Gulson Gardens – a 462-room student accommodation project.
Set over six to eight storeys, the accommodation includes shared study areas, a common room, gym, staff management suite and laundry. There are also amenity courtyards, disabled parking spaces, cycle spaces, drop off and collection area and a separately-accessed service area outside the building.
Addressing local accommodation needs
The surrounding area is dominated by Coventry University buildings, including the engineering and computing building, library and multi-storey staff car park.
Student requirements have evolved over the years and this development offers exactly the kind of accommodation they are looking for with a host of amenities as well as individual rooms.
rooms easily adaptable to meet accessible requirements in future
There are a mix of studio study bedrooms with an en-suite pod and kitchenette; cluster bedrooms with en-suite pod and shared living/kitchen/dining room, and affordable cluster bedrooms with shared living/kitchen/dining room and shower/WCs.
Ten rooms have been identified to allow for easy adaptation in future to meet accessible requirements of residents when needed.
There is also green space within the development's courtyard.
A range of measures contributed to the project's BREEAM 'Very Good' rating, including:
- Combined heat and power (CHP) systems;
- Water saving sanitary fittings and appliances;
- materials with embodied energy and a low lifecycle environmental impact;
- bathroom pods constructed off site for efficiency;
- efficient construction and operational waste management;
- biodiversity enhancement;
- low U-values reducing the heating requirement;
- low air permeability rates, reducing heat loss;
- LED lighting with an average efficacy of >75lm/W
- major elements (e.g. walls, floors, roof) have an "A" or "A+" rating according to the BRE's Green Guide to Specification.