Our Responsible Business policy: to assure a sustainable future
Being socially, economically and environmentally responsible in all that we do is crucial to the success we’ve achieved to date, and to the continued sustainability of our business. Our purpose is to assure a sustainable future.
2,999 lives enhanced
639.8m social value
generated since 2020
We’ve developed our responsible business policy, and prioritised key issues within it, by aligning our strategy with the UN Sustainable Development Goals and sub-targets, and by addressing how we can ensure these are met a local level. The Goals are a series of areas for action across all countries by 2030 and are described by the UN as the ‘blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all’.
- Ensuring Team Robertson are safe, healthy and happy
- Cultivating a diverse and inclusive workforce who are treated with respect
- Empowering our people by providing them with the best learning opportunities and resources
- Engaging communities we work in, creating social value and enabling inclusive growth
- Developing and supporting a responsible supply chain
- Delivering quality projects, satisfying and supporting our customers
- Minimising our carbon footprint, utilities consumption and environmental impact
- Minimising our transport emissions and supporting active and sustainable travel options
- Supporting a circular economy, through developing new models to drive down raw resource consumption and maximise reuse and recycling
A positive effect on communities
Whether we’re tackling challenging societal issues, or supporting the local and national economy, we take pride in leaving a long-lasting impact, knowing there is a greater purpose to what we do.
Lowering emissions to meet our 2030 sustainability targets
By 2030 we aim to generate zero emissions from our offices, commercial fleet and construction sites within our control, and create a biodiversity net gain on our projects.