Hillside House student accommodation
Get in touch
A new living experience for Sheffield's students
The new 15-storey, 250-bed student residence sits adjacent to main University of Sheffield buildings on Dart Square, within walking distance of Sheffield Hallam University.
The design maximises choice and wellbeing with a mix of room types to suit varying budgets, and study and social spaces that encourage collaboration and interaction between residents. Accommodation is divided into single or twin/double studios or shared en-suite flats with a combined kitchen and dining area. Single and double bed studios have their own kitchenette area and individual bedrooms and studios have en-suite bathrooms.
through value engineering and design
2 weeks saved
through innovative productivity and analysis
The project team formed close links in the local community to create as many opportunities as possible for adults and young people in the area, which so far include:
- Highlighting careers and routes into construction at local STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Maths) careers fair.
- Connecting with Sheffield universities to recruit a Trainee Quantity Surveyor for an Industrial Year Placement.
- Future work experience and site opportunities for students at Sheffield College.
- Linking with the Local Enterprise Partnership.
- Attending Sheffield Business Together events.
- Completing the 10k 'Glow with the Flow' which raised over £500 for Rotherham Hospice.
Design visualisation courtesy of Susan Stephen Architects.