Inverurie Community Campus
Get in touch
Building on the ambitions of one of the UK’s fastest growing communities
The £55m Inverurie Campus provides an innovative and inspiring environment for teaching and learning, a modern hub for community and leisure activities, and its town centre location will play a key role in helping reverse the decline of the high street. The development was delivered through hub North Scotland for Aberdeenshire Council.
The new build campus was constructed on the playing fields of the former Inverurie Academy. Facilities include science, food and design technology departments, specialist SEN facilities, general teaching spaces, sports and changing areas, reception, library and offices. The room layouts reflect the latest thinking in curriculum delivery – bright and modern with an interior design scheme that links all internal learning spaces.
As part of the three-phase project, along with the former community centre and swimming pool, the outdated secondary school is being demolished to make way for outdoor spaces including parkland, a full-size all-weather sports pitch, a seven-a-side sports pitch, a multi-use games area, and additional parking.
- £29.8m packages awarded to Scottish SMEs.
- 3-storey teaching block for Inverurie Academy with 73 classrooms/laboratory spaces, and capacity for 1,600 pupils.
- Home to St Andrew's School for young people with additional support needs.
- 6-lane swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool and training pool.
- NHS health suite located within the campus building providing child-specific care.
- 840 work placement days.
- 75 student placement days.
- 66 primary school visits.
- 8 new apprentices.
- 14 new jobs created.
- Trade Route Group for 12 senior pupils, combining classroom learning with work experience.
The site was finalist in the 2019 Northern Star Business Awards (Inspiring Futures category) thanks to its community engagement and employability initiatives.