Gosforth Academy expansion
Get in touch
To boost capacity for the new school term
The new teaching block forms part of Newcastle City Council's urgent building works programme which is set to ensure enough secondary school places in the city for start of teaching in September 2020.
The significant growth in Newcastle's school population in the last decade means there is an increasing shortage of places for middle and high school pupils. The expansion of Gosforth Academy is a key development and will maximise capacity of the school estate.
- 5,317 sq ft of new space to accommodate 120 pupils and associated teaching staff.
- 4 new classrooms, reception, administration office and bathrooms.
- Breakout space and dining facilities.
- Flexible design to facilitate short-term changes in use and long-term expansion or contraction.
- 34-week programme (prior to Covid-19 restrictions).
- Works carried out on a live school site, adjacent to The Metro rail line.