Cladding replacement, Halifax
Get in touch
To improve building performance
At Mixenden on the outskirts of Halifax we removed and replaced aluminium cladding on three 15-storey residential blocks, ensuring the highest safety standards for the new system.
The project team developed a scope of works, managed cladding removal and conducted checks to ensure the safest and best replacement options for our customer Together Housing and the residents living in the 288 homes on the development.
- Removal of existing wall systems.
- Structural surveys and design, logistics and costings for cladding replacement options.
- Remedial wall ties replaced and an insulated render system installed in compliance with BS:8414 and BRE 135, ensuring the highest levels of safety.
With residents remaining in their homes throughout the cladding project, the Robertson team were proactive in their communications to provide information and reassurance over the standard of works:
- Site open days and door-to-door residential visits.
- A robust and well-promoted complaints procedure.
- Presentations delivered to residents wanting to know more about the works to alleviate concerns.
- Regular newsletters, with specific focus on fire safety, ensuring any changes to evacuation procedures were communicated immediately.
- An information board with contact details for the Robertson project manager.