Burleigh Court Hotel
Get in touch
Four-star business accommodation for Loughborough
Robertson Yorkshire & East Midlands has refurbished a four-star conference centre and hotel business accommodation in Loughborough close to academic teaching facilities and student accommodation for Loughborough University.
The refurbishment of 185 bedrooms, suites and associated en-suite bathrooms and circulation space took place in several phases. This allowed the existing operational four-star hotel and a significant number of bedrooms to remain open and capable of servicing the needs of guests throughout the process.
Developing a four-star hotel
Constructed in 1991, the older 104 bedrooms and en-suites received a full refurbishment while a soft refurbishment was carried out on the 74 newer rooms built in 2006. In addition, there are seven suites which are split between the newer and older blocks of the building.
The refurbishments were split into two categories:
A full refurbishment
- stripping out the old rooms and fully redecorate
- new flooring and lighting fitted
- new sockets and switch plates installed
- all case goods renewed
- loose FF&E (furniture, fixtures and equipment) placed in the room
- stripping out bathrooms and fitting new sanitaryware with full height tiling
- new Kardean floors laid
- fixtures and fittings installed such as toilet roll holders, mirrors and towel rails
- M&E (mechanical and electrical) alterations to accommodate the works
A soft refurbishment
- stripping out all the furniture, carpets, curtains, artwork and mirrors
- a deep clean of the en-suites
Competing with demand
Since the last refurbishment, Imago has seen increased competition in the four-star hotel market. The opening of a Radisson Blu at East Midlands Airport added a further 218 well-appointed rooms and suites into the market.
Their closest academic competitor, Warwick Conferences, has recently undergone a significant refurbishment of its Radcliffe, Scarman and Arden residential conference centres and the industry average for bedroom refurbishment is between seven to ten years.
A bedroom refurbishment at Burleigh Court will provide a renewed sales incentive for the venue, adding even more value and increasing the number of potential customers using the hotel.
Architect: Maber Architects
Project manager: Faithful and Gould
Principal contractor: Robertson Yorkshire & East Midlands
M&E engineer: Axis Mechanical & Electrical Consulting