Bolton Council estates, facilities and asset management
Get in touch
A sustainable future for Bolton
Through a strategic partnership between Clear Futures and Bolton Council, Robertson provides a combination of property and asset management services, planned facilities management and small works.
Our FM, estates and asset management, and construction teams are transforming property services in Bolton, ensuring compliance is achieved within a model that delivers best use of their assets. Our work allows us to help the Council and its partners to develop an estates strategy that will support and enhance the 2030 vision for Bolton.
Managing a corporate estate
Robertson is working in partnership with Bolton Council through the Clear Futures Joint Venture management framework to transform the Councils corporate assets and estate over the long term, so that it best serves the needs of the people of Bolton.
The council sought advice to develop a three-phase approach for the complete transformation of their Corporate Property Services function. This approach covered three work streams including Project, Estates, and Facilities Management services.
Initial services were procured through Bloom which allowed Robertson to execute a 100-day development plan, which was the base position to map and agree the nature of the transformation and shape a new strategic long-term delivery model for the Council's Corporate Property Services.
Robertson worked with the Council to establish best practice processes and ongoing stability by:
- auditing the Council's supply chain capability and key service risk areas;
- identifying the Council's 36 priority properties, equating to 62% of the total floor area occupied by the Council;
- recommending a bespoke Business Continuity Plan;
- conducting asset and condition surveys for priority buildings;
- capturing full asset data;
- identifying and reporting invest to save opportunities;
- managing a 'Meet the Buyer day' with 30 local suppliers to ensure full legal compliance;
- identifying all statutory compliance issues within 90 days and establishing clear governance principles;
- training council staff and devising a 24/7 helpdesk strategy with real-time web-based reporting;
- devising an interface for compliance including checks and ongoing audits;
- formulating a comprehensive PPM schedule, reducing reactive costs.
Facilities management for 250 buildings
Following the 100-day plan, Robertson Facilities Management entered into a three-year agreement to maintain and improve the 250 buildings in the Councils corporate and school estates. The goals of the partnership are to ensure compliance across the estate, improve its condition, reduce running costs, improve its carbon footprint and deliver improvements in the services and projects delivered by the Council
This is achievable as Robertson helps the Council to understand the performance of their estate and develop proposals of how the estate can be integrated, rationalised and transformed within a 'One Public Estate (OPE) framework, that gets better use from a smaller, more efficient estate that is future proofed to support the Councils 2030 vision.
A long-term sustainable partnership
Bolton Council, as an early adopter of the Clear Futures partnership, benefits from strategic advice, investment and funding packages, reduced time and cost to develop projects, improved regionally focused supply chain competition and better outcomes for the local community.
Bolton Council's partnership with Clear Futures focuses on developing long-term solutions to sustainability challenges, including sustainable housing, the circular economy and a range of sustainable strategies focussed upon community support and improving social resilience.
Members of Robertson, the Council and Clear Futures collaborate to ensure the success of this partnership at a strategic and delivery level in delivering long term benefits to Bolton.