R&A Clubhouse extension, St Andrews
Get in touch
A luxury extension at the home of golf
Robertson is delivering a luxury extension and refurbishment at the clubhouse of The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews, the oldest golf club in the world.
The club, originally established in 1754, has been a leading authority in golf for over two and a half centuries.
We are altering, extending and refurbishing the existing basement of the clubhouse, which overlooks the 18th hole of The Old Course at St Andrews Links, one of seven courses in the town – known worldwide as the home of golf.
- new male locker room area
- bag storage racking
- new female locker rooms
- large members lounge
- improved golf concierge area
Technical expertise for a complex basement extension
Bringing our technical expertise to this prestigious project, we are constructing concrete basement extensions to the north and south of the existing historic clubhouse, alongside internal alterations.
These complex works are being carried out while the surrounding golf facilities are in operation. Excavation, piled retaining structures, structural alterations, reinforcements and extensive temporary works are being carefully managed. Once completed, we will reinstate the external ground finishes.
A luxury interior
The finished project will enjoy a high specification fit-out. The interior has been designed by Goddard Littlefair, to a standard befitting one of the most prestigious golf clubs in the world. To create this luxury space, it will be fitted out to an exceptional standard with materials such as oak panelling, timber flooring and marble, with fully bespoke concierge and reception desks.